We are here to start something
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
An Opportunity for Growth
That's obviously true for the children we serve, but it's also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
1. With the Executive Director and the Finance Manager, creates the annual Fund Development and Stewardship plan, and executes fundraising strategies.
2. Collaborates with the Executive Director, to prepare revenue/expense budgets for all events.
3. Is responsible to cultivate and develop a prospect pool of approximately 100 individuals to solicit gifts of $1,000 - $10,000. Stewards existing donors as well as responsible for creating new donors.
4. Develops relationships with current and new corporate sponsors and prospects, with the goal to increase annual contributions.
5. Responsible for the oversight of all agency fundraising events and works with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and staff to create and manage fundraising campaigns and events.
6. Identifies and solicits event sponsor prospects.
7. Provides regular donor reports to the Executive Director and Finance Team along with analysis of data in order to evaluate and maximize fundraising efforts.
8. Works with the Executive Director to support board involvement in fundraising through regular communication and joint prospecting, and supports board members to effectively identify, cultivate and steward donor prospects.
9. Serves as a member of the agency’s Leadership Team to help provide insight on overall agency strategies; meets regularly with program leaders to coordinate external efforts and strengthen interdepartmental communication.
10. Other projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
Academic: Minimum Bachelor’s degree.
Professional: No less than 2-3 years’ experience in individual/major gift and corporate fundraising as well experience with special events. Must be fluent in donor database programs, direct experience with E-Tapestry or Blackbaud preferred.
Personal Attributes: Must be able to work independently without close management; possess a strong customer/client focus; have excellent communication, listening, interpersonal and organizational skills; be highly organized, and demonstrate the ability to work effectively within diverse populations. Must also be flexible, enthusiastic and have a sense of humor; have an articulated belief in the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters; be proficient in Microsoft Office software packages; and possess individual transportation.
Cover Letter including salary history and resume can be emailed to Michael Andriano, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Director of Development in the subject line. Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity ought to apply and will be contacted. No phone calls please.
***Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Florida (BBBSCFL) is seeking a dynamic PROGRAM INTERN.
Program Intern: Youth Development
Reports to Program Manager. Start and end dates as well as weekly hours are flexible, and BBBSCFL
will work with any relevant academic program to ensure that student interns
receive school credit for their work.
For 40 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Florida has partnered with actively involved community members in Brevard, Orange, Seminole, Osceola, and Lake Counties to create lasting mentoring relationships with measurable impact. For more information, please contact Program Manager Tanesha McDonald at (407) 478-2996 ext. 114.